Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10, 2011

Well last nights dinner was awesome, only problem is there are never any leftovers when I make it.  I made BBQ Chicken thighs and scalloped potatoes and had a side of peas that now that I think of it, I didn't get any peas, my kids ate them all before I even got any (well except Brady, she says they are nasty ever since my neice said she didn't like them lol).

BBQ CHICKEN
Chicken thighs (make as many as you need or want, I use 6-8)
Favorite BBQ sauce (I use Silver Dollar City BBQ Sauce)
Season with salt and pepper

Pour BBQ sauce over chicken thighs after you season the chicken.  Place in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.  Chicken will be so tender and juicy by the time it is done. 

SCALLOPED POTATOES
  • 4 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
  • 1 (16 ounce) container Sour Cream
  • 3/4 pound VELVEETA 2% Milk Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 onion chopped
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice potatoes in thin slices and cook potatoes in boiling water in large covered saucepan 10 to 12 minutes or just until potatoes are tender; drain. Remove 3/4 of the potatoes; place in large bowl. Add sour cream; stir until smooth. Stir in VELVEETA and onions. Add remaining potato slices; stir gently.
  2. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
  3. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. 
Enjoy your dinner and always try and eat at the kitchen table with your family, with the TV off and enjoy your family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment