Thursday, February 3, 2011

First day of my new blog!!

Well its day one of my new blog.  I finally decided to get a blog going.  My friends keep asking me about my recipes and have wanted me to make a cookbook of all my recipes and that would literally takes forever to do, so I have decided to blog each day on what I am making for dinner and to provide the recipe of what I made.  I am going to try out new recipes and revise them as I want to for mine and my family's taste.  Hope everyone enjoys.  Okay so I have already made dinner for tonight and my kids love the stuff so I don't need to wait until they eat to post that we all like it.  I made BBQ meatballs, Brocolli, Rice, and Cheese Casserole, and homemade banana bread. 

BBQ Meatballs:
1 can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 lbs. hamburger
2 C. quick oats
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
Mix all ingredients and make into walnut sized meatballs place them in a 9x13 pan.

Sauce:
2 C. ketchup
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
2 Tbl. liquid smoke
1/3 C. onion chopped
Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

 Banana Bread:
1/2 C. shortning
1 C. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 C. mashed bananas (I used 3-4 bananas)
1 1/4 C. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream shortning and sugar until fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.  Stir in bananas, add dry ingredients and mix throughly.  Pour into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 mins.  That is how long it takes for my to finish, but I would start watching it at 35 mins or so until you have made it a few times.

Broccoli, Rice and Cheese Casserole (Green Rice)

1/2 C. chopped onion
2 Tbl. melted butter
2 C. Minute Rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or whatever you prefer)
1/2 C. milk
1 lb. velvetta cheese cubed
1 package frozen cut broccoli

Mix all ingredients together.  Put in a round casserole dish and bake at 350 for 35-40 mins or until all cheese is melted throughly.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment